Friday, November 18, 2011

Life's a Beach...

Galas at the beach are constantly craved
Let us beseech a tune of crashing waves
Let's go! Let's go!  Get on the road,
quickly leave this wintry abode.
We can happily hold each others' hands.
Let's go make princess castles in the sand.

We'll collect sea shells and wade through water
Carefree as church bells, our tune much hotter.
We'll dance! We'll dance! The beach will chime.
So what if it is winter's time?
As salt smells be adrift with stars at night
we'll dance, we will waltz beneath the moonlight.





 **Posted for Form for All over at dVerse ~Poet's Pub.  This is called a Staccato form invented by Jan Turner.  I am heading to the beach this weekend with some female family members...and there I'll be taking some bridal pics of my sweet cousin and pics of whatever else grabs my attention.  They're calling for nice weather, and I love being by the ocean.  Can't wait to get there! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :) **oh, and the pic up there was used from Google stock photos...

14 comments:

  1. Wow, this sings with joy. I'm landlocked in Colorado and this made me miss the ocean something fierce, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love the beach, summer and winter. Hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living at the beach, "winter" is our best season. Of course as it's 80 degrees here today, winter takes on the definition of not being in the upper 90s. We have the snow birds but the beach is a calm and pleasant place which we can share with a few people walking or relaxing in chairs and the birds and dolphins. So enjoy the season!
    Really effective use of the form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice handling of form. Beautiful and lively!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, danceable. Makes me feel like waltzing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lyrical and a wonderful use of the staccato poetry form. I want to go to the beach as well and make princess castles in the sand, then move into one :) Fantastic work.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Carefree as church bells, our tune much hotter."

    I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, especially the picture with the words, beautiful staccato

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, have fun at the beach! Is it a NC beach? I grew up outside of Wilmington

    ReplyDelete
  10. really nice staccato dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new here, Caty and very much into beautiful words and enigmas. I'm pleased to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sage, we did go to a NC beach...we actually went to Holden and drove over to Wilmington this weekend. Holden is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. how whimsical...sorry i missed you on friday...ack i feel bad...i love the beach...and the fun and just finding rhythm..sigh...miss when i lived there...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brian, no worries-or apologies needed :) Had a great weekend...the ocean is my happy place. If it wasn't for my fear of becoming an unemployed beach bum, I would move there.

    ReplyDelete

♪♪ Would love for you to leave your mark ♪♪