Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holidays



It’s that time again, the event of the wild
And this function, oh, it’s never to be mild.
I’d like to invite you to the year’s jungle event.
First you’ll meet my sister with grace like an elephant;
And you’ll never be the same when she screams like a banshee.
Now my brother, he can be just a tad bit clingy;
nothing better to compare him to than the slug.
In addition, there’s my gram who’ll sit around,
grimace, and give her little boobs a tug.
My uncle, he’ll run around loud and amok
And my aunt, well, she waddles like a duck.
My dad and my grandpa…now they’ll get cranked,
like putting two male Bettas in the same damn tank.
My mom’s like a parrot, repeats all she hears and more,
And I tell ya, there’s always plenty of chaos in store.
So the invitation is open to anyone who’ll dare
Come on in, it’s about to be quite the barbaric affair.
---------------------------------------------------------

**posted for Poetics~WILD over at dVerse...the photo was found on Google images, "the sound of animals fighting". The information regarding my family is in fact true (maybe I embellished some details just a little-very little), but I do have a wonderful family.  And I really do love them...wild quirks and all. 





11 comments:

  1. haha...family gatherings can be as wild as jungle trips...smiles...and as charming...loved this caty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all tribal. This made untamed sense to me. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...i know exactly what you are saying...had a few scary moments over the last week with some of the family on Ts side...glad we escaped...smiles. that is a freaky pic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love your pictures. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very familiar! Fun one...reminds me of Ogden Nash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. customs could help us become wild instantly,
    a haunting play on the theme,
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't you forget someone? There's the poet who goes tattling to the whole World Wide Web!

    ReplyDelete

♪♪ Would love for you to leave your mark ♪♪