Sunday, December 4, 2011

Charlie (160)



His hero skill-it's lack,
but he questions life with tack.
To see all sides-he has that knack.
Materialistic-he couldn't be.
Remember his chosen Christmas tree?

**This is a 160 post for Monkey Man; it's his last time hosting so go check it out while you can :)  I'm also linking up to dVerse's comic night :)  fun stuff going on over there...It was easy to pick Peanuts as my comic choice...I have quite the fondness for those little people.  I think Charlie does ask quite the thought provoking questions at times.  Here's the link to the comic (original size) if you're interested and can't see the one I posted.  http://www.68k.org/~spraints/comics/20051023/peanuts2005102104653.jpg
 I found it on Google, and of course it was written by the fabulous, Charles Schultz

10 comments:

  1. nice...my FIL loves charlie brown...and i remember an old hardback book of them i read and reread...even my boys like him...great choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I love Charlie Brown also! Loser in rewards--winner of affection. K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah i'm a big peanut fan - love how the characters are painted and you capture charlie brown well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. I love him for his Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have Good ol' Charlie Brown pegged. This was one of my childhood idols. Not Charlie Brown, who I was probably more like, but Charles Schulz, who I wished to be like, at least as a cartoonist.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caty,
    By a strange coincidence we took on the same character. You really are a fan of Charlie just as much as I am. Yes, wonderful memories. Great!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've drawn him very well in words - no easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite characters! I still watch the Christmas special every year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha- His Christmas tree has gone down in history. I always get a kick out of listening to the adults talk on Charlie Brown TV specials... blah, blah, blah.

    ReplyDelete

♪♪ Would love for you to leave your mark ♪♪